★ BMW 3 Series (E30)
BMW E30 is the second generation of the BMW 3-series, which was produced from 1982-1994 and replaced the E21 3 series.
The lineup includes coupe and convertible body styles, as well as the first 3 series will be produced in sedan and wagon styles / body property. It was equipped with four-cylinder petrol, six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines with six cylinders, the latter a first for the series 3. Model E30 325iX was the first series 3 have all-wheel drive.
The first model of the BMW M3 was built on the E30 platform and was equipped with an engine high-revving BMW S14 four-cylinder petrol engine, which produced 175 kW / 235 HP In its final European-only iteration. BMW Z1 Roadster was also based on the E30 platform.
After the launch of the E36 3 series in 1990, the E30 started to curl.
1. Development and launch. (Разработка и запуск)
Development of the E30 3 series was launched in July 1976, the design is developed under the guidance of chief designer Claus Lutte with the appearance of the head not boyke Boyer. In 1978, the final design was approved, from the design process of cubing freeze ends in 1979. BMW launch film for E30 shows the design process, including computer-aided design CAD, crash tests and testing in a wind tunnel. The car was released in late November 1982.
Externally E30s look very similar to the twin headlight version of its E21 predecessor, however there are various detail changes in style to E30. The main differences from the E21 include interior and a revised suspension to reduce oversteer, for which the E21 was criticised.
2. Body styles. (Стили тела)
In addition to the two-door saloon and Baur cabriolet body styles of their predecessors E21, the E30 was also available as four-door sedan and five-door wagon is marketed as "universal".
Traveling body began life as a prototype built by BMW engineer Max Reisbock in his garage friends in 1984 and started production in 1987. Factory convertible began production in 1985, with Baur convertible conversions remaining with him.
3. Engines. (Двигатели)
Original E30 four cylinder wrap is used M10 and M20 six-cylinder petrol engines from its predecessor, the E21. In the production of work, a new family of four-cylinder was injected gasoline engine and six-cylinder engine received various upgrades. Six-cylinder diesel engine was introduced, as naturally aspirated and turbocharged forms.
Technical characteristics of the plant are given below.
* With catalyst: 90 kW, 120 HP, 230 nm 170 lbf⋅ft ** with catalyst: 125 kW 168 HP and 221 N⋅m 163 lb⋅ft
3.1. Engines. Four-cylinder petrol. (Четырех-цилиндровый бензиновый)
At the presentation series E30 in 1982, the 316 used a 1766 CC version of the M10 fed by a carburetor and producing 66 kW 89 HP. 318 CI sport had the same M10 engine, but with Bosch l-Jetronic fuel injection, increasing power to 77 kW 103 HP and improving fuel economy.
1987 series 2 update introduced a new four-cylinder engine: M40, which used Bosch Motronic fuel injection. 318 CI sport was used 1.796 CC 110 CU in version M40. Model 316 sedan replaced using 1.596 CC 97 CU in version M40.
Time for the 318is Coupe was released in 1989 using a new engine M42. This is the most modern engine available in the E30 range, including two of the updated Bosch Motronic 1.3, hydraulic valve adjustment and coil-on-plug ignition. In some markets, the M42 engine was used in the 318 CI sport model / 318iC, instead of M40.
M3 is powered by an S14 engine, high-revving four-cylinder engine.
3.2. Engines. Six-cylinder petrol. (Шести-цилиндровый бензиновый)
At the launch of the E30 range, the six-cylinder models consisted of the 320i sport, which had a 2.0 l 122 CU in version M20 to produce 92 kW 123 HP, and the 323i with a 2.3 l 140 CU in M20 production 102 kW 137 HP, both using Bosch l-Jetronic fuel injection. These models were not sold in North America, probably for reasons of emissions. In 1985, 2.3 l engine was replaced by a 2.5 l version of the M20, which produced 125 kW 168 HP and used Bosch Motronic fuel injection. This engine was available in the 325i variants, including four-wheel-drive 325iX.
An economy version called the 325e was released from the lower revs, more fuel efficient engine. E stands for ETA, which is used to represent the thermal efficiency of the heat engine. To maximize low rpm torque, the engine of the 325e was the largest in the E30 in a model 333i, which is sold only in South Africa. The 325e engine has a larger stroke than the version of the 325i, with a more restrictive head, four Cam bearings instead of seven, and single valve springs instead of double valve springs using a version of the 325 sport. Without the catalyst, the engine produced 325e 90 kW 121 HP at 4250 rpm and 240 N ∙ m 177 lbf⋅ft at 3250 rpm. For comparison, the maximum torque for the engine 325i had 215 N⋅m 159 lb⋅ft at 4000 rpm.
Series 1987 update 2 increased sport 320i to 95 kW 127 HP and the 325i to 125 kW 168 HP, and better fuel economy.
3.3. Engines. Six-cylinder diesel. (Шести-цилиндровый дизельный)
In 1983, 324td was presented at the IAA, Germany. The M21 engine uses a Garrett turbocharger without intercooler. The engine has a capacity of 149 CC CU 2.443 and uses mechanical fuel injection.
In 1985 BMW introduced 324d, a naturally aspirated version of the same engine M21, which was popular in countries with high tax car.
In 1987, the electronically controlled fuel pump was used, which increased the torque by 10 N⋅M 7 lbf⋅ft. The updated motor has a smaller turbocharger, reducing turbo LAG.
4. Transmission. (Передача)
In total, six gears for various models E30: four manuals and two automatics.
Manual transmission. (Механическая коробка передач)
- 5-speed Getrag 240 (5-ступенчатой Getrag 240) - 316, 318i and 320i sports model with a different bellhousing for the 320i, on any engine BMW M20.
- 5-speed Getrag 260 (5-ступенчатой Getrag 260) - 323i, 325e, and 325es 325i model.
- 5-speed Getrag 265 (5-ступенчатой Getrag 265) - m3 model the curvature pattern for European models and the standard H-pattern for North American models.
- 4-speed Getrag 242 (4-ступенчатой Getrag 242) - 316 and 318 CI sport model.
Automatic transmission. (Автоматическая коробка передач)
- 3-speed ZF 3HP22 (3-ступенчатый ZF 3HP22) - 1981 to 1985.
- 4-speed ZF 4HP22 (4-ступенчатой ZF 4HP22) - 320i and 323i models up to 1985, all models starting in 1985.
5. Suspension. (Подвеска)
One of the features that have been added to the capacity of the E30 was the suspension. The front MacPherson strut and rear semi-trailing arm suspension were a compact mechanism, which left a lot of cabin and trunk for vehicles overall size. Semi-trailing arms have been criticized for the dynamic toe and Camber changes inherent to the suspension geometry, dealing a blow to steer in hard cornering situations such as racing and autocross. However, the reviewers praised the handling E30.
An extended version of the E30 front suspension and the drivetrain from the E30 325i were used in the BMW Z1 Roadster. In the BMW Z3 and BMW compact E36 / 5 rear suspensions are also very similar to the E30, but using the five tabs of the hub. In the Z3-based BMW M coupe uses an extended version of the same rear semi-trailing arm suspension.
6. Brake. (Тормоза)
For the front wheels, while all models use disc brakes. For the rear wheels for most models use disc brakes, with the exception of some 4-cylinder models that use drum brakes. ABS became available in 1986.
7.1. Lineup. The United States And Canada. (США И Канада)
The model range in the United States consisted of the following:
- 318 CI sport 1984-1985 using the M10 engine, then 1991 using the M42 engine.
- Only 318is 1991. (Только на 318is 1991)
- Only 325ix 1988-1991. (Только 325ix 1988-1991)
- 325i, 325is 1987-1991 only.
- 325, 325e and 325es.
The main feature BMW E30 models produced for the North American market in 1984-1987 is the bulging front and rear aluminum bumpers. These bumpers are commonly known as "boards." In 1987, the anodized aluminum bumpers for the North American market were shortened by revising the cover / fillers and shortening the shocks on which they are installed. In the middle of the 1988 model year 1989, in short, painted in body color plastic bumpers replaced the entire aluminum.
7.2. Lineup. South Africa. (Южная Африка)
In South Africa, was built only two-door and four-door sedans, four-cylinder petrol model production continued until 1992.
Despite the introduction of the M40 engine, the old M10 engine 316 will continue to be sold in South Africa until 1991, receiving new bumpers when the range was updated.
In 333i is a South Africa-only model and the model of South Africa 325iS was various specifications of the model 325iS sold in other countries.
8. Model m3. (Модель м3)
BMW M3 used the widened and heavily redesigned variation of the coupe-style body, so in the m3 shares few body parts with other E30 models. M3 suspension is also significantly different from conventional models E30, including the five-lug wheel bolts.
9.1. Special models. 320is
Only in Portugal and Italy, due to considerably higher VAT and vehicle tax for cars with engine capacity over 2000 CC, the special model was created: the 320is. Sedan appeared in dealer showrooms in September 1987, while the coupé version appeared in 1988. Production 320is lasted until 1991.
This model was produced in the coupe version and the sedan and was fitted with a 1.990 CC, 121 CU in version of the S14 engine from the M3, with stroke reduced to 72.6 mm to 2.86. This engine produced 143 kW / 192 HP at 6900 rpm and 155 lb⋅ft 210 N⋅m 4.900 rpm 320is In common with gearbox Getrag 265 dogleg from a non-us m3 while it had a limited slip differential with the same 25% lock up rate but with a smaller differential ratio 3.46:1. All models 320is were left hand drive and without catalytic convertor. Sports suspension has been installed on all coupes and sedans manufactured from September 1989.
The interior of the 320is was identical to the other models of 3 series, except the instrument cluster, m3, which function is being used the oil temperature sensor instead of the fuel consumption. In the 320is was sold within three years, with 1.206 sedans and coupes produced by 2.542.
9.2. Special models. M325i
In New Zealand, where the m3 was never sold by BMW, the local importer has created a sport version of the sedan called the M325i. Have been imported since the end of 1986 until at least 1990 about 100 such machines. The standard rooms-catalyzed 125 kW 168 HP 2.5-liter engine, they have benefited from the motor sport suspension m-tech body package, 15-inch BBS cross-spoke wheels with wide, low-profile 225 / 50 Tires, and limited slip differential. In M325i is very similar to the British market 325i sport also develops as a response to the lack of right hand drive m3.
9.3. Special models. 333i
Division BMW Motorsport in South Africa has created the 333i in 1985, bringing the 3.2 l M30 "big six" engine for a coupe E30. The result 333i managed in the South African saloon car racing. These cars were built with the help of Alpina in Buchloe, Germany. Due to limited space caused by a large engine M30, the buyer was forced to choose between vital air in South Africa and power steering. In 333i was produced from 1985 to 1987, released a total of 204 cars.
The 333i engine produces 145 kW, 194 HP at 5500 rpm and 285 nm, 210 lb⋅ft at 4300 rpm. The official claimed characteristics of BMW cars, 0-100 km / h 0-62 mph in 7.4 seconds and a top speed of 228 km / h 142 km / h.
9.4. Special models. South African 325iS. (Южно-Африканская 325iS)
On the 2.7 liter 325iS, usually called the Evo 1, was developed by BMW South Africa to replace the 2.5-litre 126 kW 325i in production car racing group N, as a response to the introduction of Opel Kadett 2 litre 16V to a class A. It was released in the first half of the 1990s and was fitted with Alpina-already fixed, 2.7 liter M20 engine, which produced 145 kW 194 HP. After the introduction of the upgraded Opel Kadett superboss 16V in 1991 and BMW South Africa introduced the evolution 325iS HP, usually called the Evo 2. The engine was upgraded to produce 155 kW 208 HP.
Evolution HP won the group N class title in 1993, winning 20 of the 24 races in the process. Robbie Smith and Geoff Goddard the evolution of the HP won the season-ending race 9hr.
9.5. Special models. 323i neo. (323i Нео)
Neo Edition is an Australian-only model, built as a tribute to the 635CSi cars competing in local touring car racing. Neo refers to a team BMW race sponsor, John player special cigarettes. Car manual 323i coupe, painted in black with gold stripes and gold wheels BBS. They also had sports seats Recaro, neo passes, limited slip differential, sport suspension, sunroof and body kit. The first edition was 70, with a small number of additional cars after produced.
10.1. Model year changes. Small update 1985. (Небольшое обновление 1985)
In 1985, the exterior and interior have been updated. The 323i model was replaced with the 325i at this time and the diesel engine 324d was introduced. The factory convertible was included in the lineup. However, Baur remained on sale, along with a factory convertible. M3 convertible is only offered for the European market.
10.2. Model year changes. Major update 1987. (Крупное обновление 1987)
At the motor show in Frankfurt in September 1987, BMW introduced a major update to the E30 is often called the series 2. Changes in structure were the addition of a wagon Variant and removal of the 325e model. Models update 1987 remained largely unchanged until the end of production, with the addition of model 318is in 1989.
Exterior styling changes redesigned taillights, front bumper and reducing the amount of chrome trim. The M10 4-cylinder engine was replaced by the M40 and various other mechanical changes were made. Corrosion protection has been improved with the update.
11. Production. (Производство)
E30 was produced in Munich, Germany Regensburg, Germany Rosslyn, South Africa.
Models sold in Indonesia and Thailand, they use complete knockdown kits made in Germany that was assembled in Jakarta and Bangkok, respectively.
† The first E30s were produced in December 1981, only models 323i, but the numbers are not known.
E30 production began to collapse in 1990, in connection with the introduction of the E36 3 series coupe models. Production of the sedan was completed on 30 April 1991 in Regensburg. There were other options gradually, until the final model E30 touring was produced in 1994.
12. Motorsport. (Мотоспорт)
E30 m3 had a very successful career in touring car racing.
On the E30 remains a popular car for racing and racing series E30 work in the United States, Australia and New Zealand.
13. Film and television appearances. (Фильм и телевизионные выступления)
TV and movie appearances then new E30 to include Beverly hills, Miami Vice, people, beautiful woman, pretty in pink, bird on a wire, Beverly hills 90210, La Land, "Seinfeld" and protect their lives.
Season of Wheeler dealers 2 Episode 7 includes a 325 sport wagon.
Top gear-season series 16 Episode 4, leading the call came in to the 4-seat convertible costing £2000. All 3 presenters purchased E30 325i convertible. The challenge was won by James Mays car, which was in the best condition of the three and the newest.
- the 3 Series range with the 325iX model. The BMW Z1 roadster was based on the E30 platform. The first BMW M 3 was built on the E30 platform. The E30 M 3 is
- sixth generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW F 30 sedan version BMW F31 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F34 fastback version
- The BMW E 36 is the third generation of the BMW 3 Series range of compact executive cars, and was produced from 1990 to 2000. The initial models were of
- interior upgrades. The first BMW M 3 was based on the E30 3 Series and was produced from March 1986 to June 1991. The majority of E30 M 3 s were produced in the
- generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW E 90 sedan BMW E 91 wagon, marketed as Touring BMW E 92 coupe and BMW E 93 convertible compact
- The BMW 3 Series E 21 is a line of cars made by BMW from 1975 through 1983, the first generation of the 3 Series The E 21 eventually succeeded the 02
- The BMW 3 Series Compact is a 3 - door hatchback version of the BMW 3 Series which was produced from 1993 through 2004. Initially based on the E 36 platform
- of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW E 81 3 - door hatchback version BMW E 82 coupe version BMW E 87 5 - door hatchback version and BMW E 88 convertible
- as Touring 3 - door hatchback see BMW 3 Series Compact All - wheel drive, last available in the E30 3 Series was reintroduced for the E 46 on the 325xi
- generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW G 30 sedan version and BMW G31 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The G 30 G31 has been
- The BMW E 65 is the fourth generation of the BMW 7 Series range of full - size luxury sedans, and was produced from 2001 to 2008. The variants of the range
- The BMW 6 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW since 1976. It is the successor to the E 9 Coupe and is currently in its fourth generation
- The BMW 5 Series is an executive car manufactured by BMW since 1972. It is the successor to the New Class Sedans and is currently in its seventh generation
- The BMW 7 Series is a full - size luxury sedan produced by the German automaker BMW since 1977. It is the successor to the BMW E 3 New Six sedan and is
- The BMW 1 Series is a range of subcompact executive cars C - segment manufactured by BMW since 2004. It is the successor to the BMW 3 Series Compact and
- The 4 Series was created when BMW spun off the 3 Series 2 - door models coupe and convertible into a separate series In 2014, the 4 Series Gran Coupe
- the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW E 60 sedan long wheelbase sedan version and BMW E 61 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The E 60
- generation of the BMW 6 Series consists of the BMW E 63 coupe version and BMW E 64 convertible version grand tourers. The E 63 E 64 generation was produced
- six - cylinder 3 2 - litre M 30 engine to the E30 and the E30 BMW 325is 1989 which was powered by an Alpina - derived 2.7 - litre engine. BMWs with a VIN starting
- E30 is to create high levels of competition among similarly prepared BMW E30 3 Series cars at a reasonable cost. It is intended to encourage low - cost, entry - level
- The BMW E 34 is the third generation of the BMW 5 Series which was produced from 1987 until 1996. Initially launched as a sedan in January 1988, the E 34
- The BMW 8 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW The 8 Series was introduced in 1990 under the E 31 model code and was only available as a
- The BMW X 3 is a compact luxury crossover SUV manufactured by German automaker BMW since 2003. Based on the BMW 3 Series platform, and now in its third
- The BMW E 24 is the first generation of BMW 6 Series grand tourer coupes which was produced from 1976 to 1989 and replaced the BMW E 9 coupes. The E 24 was
- E 36 8 model code The Z 3 was based on the E 36 3 Series platform, while using the rear semi - trailing arm suspension design of the older E30 3 Series
- sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW F10 sedan version BMW F11 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F07 fastback version
- The BMW E 12 is the first generation of 5 Series executive cars, which was produced from 1972 to 1981 and replaced the saloon models of the BMW New Class
- The BMW M 30 is a SOHC straight - six petrol engine which was produced from 1968 to 1994. With a production run of 22 years, it is BMW s longest produced
- The BMW E 28 is the second generation of BMW 5 Series executive cars, which was produced from 1981 to 1988 and replaced the E 12 5 Series The E 28 was initially
- The BMW E 32 is the second generation of the BMW 7 Series luxury cars and was produced from 1986 to 1994. It replaced the E 23 and was initially available
Users also searched:
bmw e21, bmw e30 1987, bmw e30 1990, bmw e30 325i, bmw e30 autotrader, bmw e30 engine, bmw e30 price, bmw e36, series, bmw e, e bmw, series e, bmw, e series, series e bmw, e bmw series, bmw series, price, engine, autotrader, bmw e series, bmw series e, bmws, bmw e engine, bmw e i, bmw e autotrader, bmw e price, bmw e30, 3 series, e30 bmw, series e30, bmw 3, e30 3, e30 bmw 3, 3 series e30, e30 3 series, bmw e30 3, 3 series e30 bmw,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →