ⓘ San Biagio, Orte. The neighborhood was named after the church. An inscription in its stone bell-tower is dated 1253. In 1352, The church and its property were a ..

                                     

ⓘ San Biagio, Orte

The neighborhood was named after the church. An inscription in its stone bell-tower is dated 1253. In 1352, The church and its property were assigned to the Order of Hospitallers of Santo Spirito in Saxia. They operated an adjacent hospital with remained open until 1613, when the property was transferred to a confraternity, the Congregazione dell’Annunziata. In 1754, the former Romanesque structure was nearly razed by a fire, and rebuilt in a sober Neoclassic style.