ⓘ Bombardier Innovia APM 100 C801A
Bombardier Innovia APM 100 C801A is an automated people mover train built by Bombardier Transportation for the Bukit Panjang LRT line. These trains are mainly for airport connections and light rail in towns and it is operated by Automatic Train Control, making it fully automatic and driverless. The use of rubber tyres and ceramic tracks are extremely quiet compared to conventional rail.
This additional batch of trains will increase the capacity of the Bukit Panjang LRT line by 50% by 2014. As of 4 September 2015, all train cars are officially on revenue service.
To prevent overcrowding on the Bukit Panjang LRT line, 13 new trains was purchased, thus increasing the fleet capacity by 50%. The first car was delivered on 15 June 2014 bearing the no. 120. It started service on 19 November 2014 and by 4 September 2015, all 13 train cars were on service. However, 2 train cars, as of March 2019 month of removal, have been sent back to Canada for retrofitting works of new signalling equipment. The rest of 11 train cars will have theirs done locally once the retrofit is completed for the 2 train cars.
2. Exterior design
The C801A trains are similar to the C801 trains in terms of propulsion motor sound. The obvious difference comes from the aerodynamic design from the newer batch of trains.
- Windscreens and windows are grey tinted, different from the C801 green tinted windows.
- They feature an Orange Light when the doors are opened.
- The trains have Windscreen Wipers to wipe during rainy weather. However, it was rarely used.
- The trains also have a more streamlined design and are also the first batch of trains to bear the new SMRT livery.
- The headlights used are bright white LEDs while C801 uses old incandescent bulbs.
- C801A trains have circular headlights compared to the C801 trains, which have rectangular headlights.
3. Interior design
The C801A trains are similar to the C801 trains in terms of interior looks.
- At each end, passengers may sit down and view the scenery when the train is moving.
- Additional handgrips have been installed to encourage people to move towards the center of the car.
- The trains also feature a newer Train Travel Information System TTIS and a chime that follows before every announcements.
- Passengers can sit on either ends of the car, accommodating more seating space.
- The seats colour of the trains are red priority seats and yellow. The arrangement of the seats is the same while C801 is fully green in colour.
- During two car operations, passengers cannot walk-through the other carriage as there is no gangway in between. The only way is to alight from one car and board the other.
- Ergonomic seats profile, with two priority seats on each end of the cars.
4. Train formation
The configuration of a C801A in revenue service is M.
The train cars can be coupled up to 2 cars during service.
The car numbers of the trains range from 120 to 132. Individual cars are assigned a three-digit serial number by the rail operator SMRT Trains. A trainset consists of one motor car. For example, set 120 is car 120.
- The first digit is always a 1.
- The second and third digit identifies the car number.
- Bombardier Transportation built sets 120–132.
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →