ⓘ Bononia University Press
Bononia University Press S.p.A. is an associate publisher of the University of Bologna.
The university is situated in the center of Bologna, where it was established in 1998 as an Italian University Press which was created as a limited company and includes private investors among its owners.
The Bononia University Press is driven by corporate-editorial policies as well as three government bodies. These bodies include: the board of directors whom gather the representatives and shareholders of BUP; the Board of Auditors, who are tasked with BUPs financial management; and the Scientific Committee, that analyzes and recommends Bononia University Press publications to third-parties.
Bononia University Press was established in 1998 as an editorial brand of the University of Bologna. It produces roughly 90 titles per year, and, as of September 2014, holds a catalogue of about 900 titles that includes art and academic texts, narrative literature, history and photography books, illustrated texts for children, and translations from foreign languages.
Bononia University Press collaborates with cultural representatives of the Emilia-Romagna region, such as:
- lIstituto per la Storia dellUniversità di Bologna The Institute for the History of the University of Bologna
- lIstituto per la Storia di Bologna The Institute for the History of Bologna
- LIstituto per i Beni Artistici Culturali e Naturali The Institute for Artistical, Cultural and Natural Heritage – IBACN
- Sistema Museale GENUS BONONIAE Museal Sistem GENUS BONONIAE
- Il Centro Studi per la Storia del Lavoro e delle Comunità Territoriali di Imola The Study Center for the History of Work and Imola territorial Communities
Bononia University Press also cooperates with national institutions, such as:
- Il Museo Civico di Bolzano The Bolzano Civic Museum
- INGV Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology
- ICCD – Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo e la Documentazione Central Institute for Catalogue and Documentation
- CMCC – Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici Euro-Mediterranean Center for Climate Change
Since 2006, Bononia University Press has been publishing the books of individuals who have received the Inedited Italian Narrative biennal Award "Arcangela Todaro-Faranda"- in 2014, in occasion of tenth death anniversary of professor Raffaele Spongano, the foundation creator, it was published a collection of all the contest judges relations and winners of various editions opinions; in 2009, Bononia University Press became the editor of Illustrator’s Annual, the official catalogue of Bologna Childrens Book Fairs illustrators.
A few authors who have published with Bononia University Press include:
- Antonio Faeti
- Renato Zangheri
- Ovidio Capitani
- Renato Barilli
- Gianfranco Pasquino
- Vincenzo Balzani
- Franco La Polla
- Vittorio Emiliani
- Emilio Pasquini
- Andrea Emiliani
Some individuals who have illustrated volumes for Bononia University Press are:
- Grazia Nidasio
- Federico Maggioni
- Gianluigi Toccafondo
- Cinzia Ghigliano
- Antonella Musu Award 2011, youth section of the Castiglioncello Philosophic Award, to Bergson, la tecnica, la guerra by Caterina Zanfi.
- Certificate of merit at Prize Cento 2008 to Storia di Re Enzo, with texts by Matteo Marchesini and drawings by Wolfango.
- National Award of the President of the Republic 2010, given from Accademia dei Lincei for the Class of Moral, Historical and Philological Sciences to This Star of England, by Enrico Gusberti
- Certificate of merit at the Gran Premio Scudo dOro 2012, librarian works section, to Imago Universitatis, by Gian Paolo Brizzi.
- II place at the Mario Soldati 2012 contest, organized by "Research and Studies Center Mario Pannunzio" in Torino, to Nelle Terre basse, by Mario Pettoello.
- Sanremo Award – Libro del Mare 2009 as the best popular scientific book about the sea, to Misurare il mare, by Nadia Pinardi.
6. Periodical literature
Bononia University Press publishes scientific and cultural journals. These include:
- IBC, a magazine of the Institute for the Artistic, Cultural and Natural Heritage of Emila-Romagna.
- Il Diabete, a quarterly journal wrote in mind for all Diabetologists, with regular updatings about the latest findings and news.
- IUS 17 unibo.it, Materials and Studies of Criminal law, a four-monthly journal realized with the collaboration of the Legal Sciences Department A. Cicu of the University of Bologna.
- Diritto dello Sport, a quarterly journal promoted by Fondazione Carlo Rizzoli per le Scienze Motorie.
- Giving, a bilingual philanthropy half-yearly journal.
- Encyclopaideia, the phenomenology, pedagogy, education journal of the Education Science Department of the Bologna University.
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →