ⓘ Lipnik, Bielsko-Biala. Lipnik is an osiedle of Bielsko-Biala, Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland. The osiedle has an area of 8.9317 km 2 and on December 31, ..

                                     

ⓘ Lipnik, Bielsko-Biala

Lipnik is an osiedle of Bielsko-Biala, Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland. The osiedle has an area of 8.9317 km 2 and on December 31, 2006 had 5.885 inhabitants.

It is located in the east part of the city. Historically it was also subdivided into Lipnik Dolny lower and Lipnik Gorny upper.

                                     

1. History

The village was established in the late 13th century. It was first mentioned in 1326 in the register of Peters Pence payment among Catholic parishes of Oswiecim deaconry of the Diocese of Krakow as Lipnik. The name was of Slavic origin, derived from tilia trees Polish: lipa. Later the village was also known under German name of Kunzendorf, as it was later a part of a German language island around Bielsko German: Bielitz-Bialaer Sprachinsel.

Politically the village belonged initially to the Duchy of Cieszyn and Castellany of Oswiecim, which was in 1315 formed in the process of feudal fragmentation of Poland into the Duchy of Oswiecim, ruled by a local branch of Silesian Piast dynasty. In 1327 the duchy became a fee of the Kingdom of Bohemia. In 1457 Jan IV of Oswiecim agreed to sell the duchy to the Polish Crown, and in the accompanying document issued on 21 February the village was mentioned as Lipnik. The territory of the Duchy of Oswiecim was eventually incorporated into Poland in 1564 and formed Silesian County of Krakow Voivodeship.

In 1499 it became a seat of starostwo niegrodowe. A town of Biala began as a hamlet of Lipnik in the second half of the 16th century. In 1613 Biala was separated from Lipnik. Several other of its hamlets also grew to become independent, like Straconka, Miedzybrodzie Lipnickie and Leszczyny.

Upon the First Partition of Poland in 1772 it became part of the Austrian Kingdom of Galicia. In 1789 starostwo of Lipnik was dissolved and the village grew more dependant on the town of Biala. In the 19th century it was industrialized. After World War I and fall of Austria-Hungary it became part of Poland. In 1925 it was absorbed by Biala, which was merged with Bielsko in 1951 to form Bielsko-Biala.

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →