ⓘ 13th-century churches ..

Church of Holy Trinity, Barrow upon Humber

Monuments in the chancel include a wall tablet to William Broxholme of 1684, a marble wall tablet to Roger Uppleby of 1780, and a marble wall tablet to George Uppleby of 1816.

Collegiate Church of St Mary Youghal

St Marys Collegiate Church, Youghal, County Cork, Ireland is a Church of Ireland Church in Youghal, east County Cork and part of the Diocese of Cloyne, which is a constituent diocese of the United Dioceses of Cork, Cloyne and Ross.

Dunbrody Abbey

Dunbrody Abbey is a former Cistercian monastery in County Wexford, Ireland. The cross-shaped church was built in the 13th century, and the tower was added in the 15th century. With a length of 59m the church is one of the longest in Ireland. The visitor centre is run by the current Marquess of Donegall and has one of only two full sized hedge mazes in Ireland. The abbey was dissolved under Henry VIII. The last Abbot of Dunbrody was Alexander Devereux, who became Bishop of Ferns in 1539.

San Francesco, Civita Castellana

A church at the site, was erected in the 13th-century, but the present church arrived in its present form, after two reconstructions; the latest in the 18th-century. In the past, the church was adjacent to a Franciscan convent, and the wooden choir stalls for the friars are still evident in the apse of the church. The church has six side altars. Among the works are a depiction of San Bernardino of Siena by Sano di Pietro in the first altar on the left; and an Adoration of the Christ Child by Antoniazzo Romano in the second altar on the right. The main tabernacle is attributed to Agostino d ...

Grossmunster

The Grossmunster, also spelled GroSmunster, is a Romanesque-style Protestant church in Zurich, Switzerland. It is one of the four major churches in the city. Its congregation forms part of the Evangelical Reformed Church of the Canton of Zurich. The core of the present building near the banks of the Limmat was constructed on the site of a Carolingian church, which was, according to legend, originally commissioned by Charlemagne. Construction of the present structure commenced around 1100 and it was inaugurated around 1220. The Grossmunster was a monastery church, vying for precedence with ...

St Maurices Church, Horkstow

Within the church is an oval, marble tablet to Catherine Ayers dating to 1759, and at the east end of the nave, one to Rear Admiral Thomas Shirley leader of Shirleys Gold Coast expedition, dated to 1814, and one to Colonel John Tufnell, dated 1838.