Halophila is a genus of seagrasses in the family Hydrocharitaceae, the tape-grasses. It was described as a genus in 1806. The number of its contained species, and its own placement in the order Alismatales, has evolved.
It is widespread in tropical waters, the distribution range also extends to subtropical and temperate waters primarily the Indian and Pacific Oceans but also the Mediterranean and Caribbean Seas and the Gulf of Mexico.
Unlike other seagrasses, the leaves of some species of Halophila do not have basal sheaths i.e. the bases of the leaves do not wrap around the stem to form a sheath.
The Latin specific epithet halophila refers to salt loving.
Species accepted by the Kew Botanical Garden.
- Halophila decipiens - shores of Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean; Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico
- Halophila stipulacea - Red Sea, Indian Ocean, invasive in the Caribbean
- Halophila engelmannii - Mexico, Costa Rica, Bahamas, Caymans, Cuba, United States PR, FL, LA, TX
- Halophila minor - Indian Ocean, western Pacific
- Halophila nipponica syn. Halophila japonica- Korea, Japan
- Halophila hawaiiana - Hawaii
- Halophila gaudichaudii - Indian Ocean, western Pacific
- Halophila tricostata - Queensland
- Halophila capricorni - New Caledonia, islands in Coral Sea
- Halophila major - Japan, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Caroline Is
- Halophila mikii - Japan
- Halophila beccarii - South + East + Southeast Asia
- Halophila sulawesii - Sulawesi
- Halophila ovalis - Red Sea, Indian Ocean, western Pacific
- Halophila australis - southern Australia
- Halophila baillonis - Caribbean, North and South America
- Halophila spinulosa - Southeast Asia, North Australia, New Guinea
- Halophila okinawensis - Nansei-shoto
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →