★ BMW 503
BMW 503 is a two door 2 Gran Turismo produced by German automaker BMW from 1956 to 1959. The company has developed along the 503, the 507 Roadster in an attempt to sell a significant number of luxury cars in the United States. 503 and 507 cost about twice their estimated price and recover their costs. During production from may 1956 to March 1959, it was built 413 units 503. Although it was a prestige model, this led to large losses for BMW.
1. Concept and design. (Концепция и дизайн)
Hanns Grewenig, sales Manager of BMW cars, has repeatedly requested to develop a sports car based on 501 and 502 luxury sedans. In early 1954, influenced by the public reaction to the Mercedes-Benz 300SL and 190SL show cars in new York in February 1954, the management of BMW approved the project.
Max Hoffman, the influential car importer in the United States, saw the early sketches for the BMW Ernst Loof, and invited industrial designer Albrecht von Hertz that he should submit design proposals to BMW. Based on these proposals, BMW contract Savings for design 503 and 507 in November 1954.
503 were 2 Grand Tourer, which was available as a coupe or convertible. It was noted, for that is cleaner and more modern design than the "Baroque angel" 501 based on the sedans. The convertible version of the 503 was the first European convertible with an electric top drive.
2. Design and development. (Проектирование и разработка)
In designing the chassis for the two cars, using as much of the existing sedan 502, engineer Fritz Fiedler developed two new ladder frame, one with the same wheelbase as 502, and a shortened wheelbase. The long-wheelbase version was used in 503. Both cars used the steering system and the system front suspension with 502, then 503 is also used 502s rear suspension. As originally designed, the 503 is used 502s host the remote transmission and shift linkage. Both cars use the braking system developed for the 3.2 sedan, using drum brakes with vacuum assistance. All the 503s were configured for left-hand drive.
Both cars used the 3.2 L version 502s V8 engine developed for the 3.2 sedan, but with two carburetors and with an improved lubrication system using a chain driven oil pump. In 503s V8 has a compression ratio of 7.5:1 and yielded 140 HP 104 kW, 142 HP at 4800 rpm.
503 sixteen inch wheels and a standard gear ratio of 3.90:1 and the gear ratio of 3.42:1 was optional. 503 acceleration from standstill to 100 km / h 62 mph was measured at 13 seconds, top speed is around 503 115 mph 185 km / h.
In September 1957, the drivetrain 503s were revised. The gearbox was bolted to the transmission and the gearshift was moved from the column to the floor.
Hoffman wanted a BMW and sports car GT, which will be placed between triumphs sports cars and Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, the sale price of about$5000. He said BMW it will be about a thousand of their sports cars at a purchase price of DM12.000. After its appearance at the Frankfurt motor show in September 1955, the 503 started production in may 1956 the sale price of DM29.500, while the 507 Roadster sold for DM26.500 when production began seven months.
While a minority, such as Batista "convertible" Farinas, felt 503 exceeds the design of the 507, the 503 has largely eclipsed it. Nevertheless 503 or 507 sold well enough to earn a profit, larger, heavier, clearer, more sold 412 units of the 503 roadsters 507 253. 139 made 503s were convertibles. Production ended in March of 1959.
4. Heritage. (Наследие)
BMW 503 was the first post-war sports coupe. It was replaced by the Bertone bodied car BMW 3200 CS of 1962.
In 1956 BMW 503 Cabriolet with Portuguese plates was due to George C. Scott character in the 1971 movie the last run.
Appears in the 1957 BMW 503 Coupe in the drama bi-Bi-si father brown, Episode 2, series 4, Brewers daughter, first aired January 2016. This car is right hand drive
- The BMW 501 was a luxury car manufactured by BMW from 1952 to 1958. Introduced at the first Frankfurt Motor Show in 1951, the 501 was the first BMW model
- engine from the 503 was used in the 502 - based 3.2 Super from 1957 to 1961. Applications: 1956 - 1960 BMW 503 - 104 kW 140 bhp 1956 - 1959 BMW 507 - 112 kW
- BMW in 1922. However the name BMW dates back to 1913, when the original company to use the name BMW was born initially as Rapp Motorenwerke BMW s
- In November 1954, at Hoffman s insistence, BMW contracted designer Albrecht von Goertz to design the BMW 503 and the 507. Thirty - four Series I 507s were
- 503 may refer to: 503 a year 503 Service Unavailable, an HTTP status code BMW 503 a luxury car A type of jeans, commonly in Levi s and Edwin A type of
- world s twelfth - largest producer of motor vehicles, with 2, 279, 503 vehicles produced. BMW is headquartered in Munich and produces motor vehicles in Germany
- The BMW 3200 CS was a sports touring car manufactured by BMW between January 1962 and September 1965. It was designed by Bertone and was introduced at
- 2006 was a German industrial designer who designed cars for BMW including the BMW 503 and BMW 507. He also was an early contributor to the design of the
- motorcycles. BMW F650GS F800GS BMW F800R BMW F800S BMW F800ST BMW G450X BMW G650 Xmoto, Xchallenge, and Xcountry BMW R1200GS BMW R1200R BMW R1200RT BMW R1200S
- The BMW X3 is a compact luxury crossover SUV manufactured by German automaker BMW since 2003. Based on the BMW 3 Series platform, and now in its third
- The BMW 327 is a medium - sized touring coupe produced by the Bavarian firm between 1937 and 1941, and again produced after 1945. It sat on a shortened
- The fifth generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW E60 sedan long wheelbase sedan version and BMW E61 wagon version, marketed as Touring
- BMW S1000RR is a sport bike initially made by BMW Motorrad to compete in the 2009 Superbike World Championship, that is now in commercial production.
- the BMW 503 and BMW 507. He was chairman of BMW AG from 1955 to 1956 and he finally retired in 1966, after a long and active life devoted to BMW but
- The BMW i3 is a B - class, high - roof hatchback manufactured and marketed by BMW with an electric powertrain using rear wheel drive via a single - speed transmission
- class. Since the pre - war BMW 328 model, BMW had a reputation for sporty production cars. The expensive V8 - powered BMW 503 and BMW 507 of the 1950s could
- The BMW B58 is a turbocharged inline - six engine which began production in 2015. The B58 replaced the N55 and was launched in the F30 340i. The B58 is
- The BMW K1300S is a motorcycle introduced in October 2008. It replaced the outgoing K1200S which had been in production since September 2004. The K1300S
- The G02 BMW X4 is the second and current generation of the BMW X4 line of subcompact luxury SUV s. It was revealed online on February 2018 as the successor
- Nissan Laurel BMW 5 Series E39 Japanese and South African models only pre - facelift BMW 3 Series E36 Japanese and South African models BMW 5 Series E34
- 340 501 502 503 507 600 700 1500 1600 1800 2000 2002 2500 2800 3.0S 3.0Si 3.3Li BMW i8 BMW i8 cabriolet BMW i3 BMW i3s BMW E9 1925 present
- FE06 Racecar BMW 1 Series BMW 3 Series Touring BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe BMW M8 Competition Coupe BMW X1 BMW X5 Protection VR6 BMW X6 BMW i8 Ultimate Sophisto
- Audi e - tron Sportback 2020 Audi RS Q8 2020 BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 2020 BMW M2 CS 2020 BMW M8 Gran Coupe 2020 BMW X5 M, X6 M auto show debut Bollinger B1 B2
- the first non - white player to win a South African Open at the course. The BMW South African Championship was again hosted from 11 14 January 2018 at the
- is the 50 hp 37 kW Rotax 503 two - stroke and 80 hp 60 kW Rotax 912 four - stroke powerplant, although a four - stroke BMW boxer engine was also available
- the backbone of the Luftwaffe s Jagdwaffe Fighter Force The twin - row BMW 801 radial engine that powered most operational versions enabled the Fw 190
- 37 kW Rotax 503 aircraft engine and the twin cylinder, liquid - cooled, two - stroke, dual - ignition 64 hp 48 kW Rotax 582 powerplant. The BMW R100RS four - stroke
- Augusto Farfus for BMW Team Germany. SEAT Sport driver Yvan Muller was leading the drivers championship coming into the event, BMW driver Farfus was six
- September 1988 over 129 laps of the 3.9 km circuit, a total distance of 503 km. This was the last time that the 3.9 km International configuration of
- four - stroke 80 hp 60 kW Rotax 912UL and 100 hp 75 kW 912ULS. Engine mounts for BMW and Subaru engines are also available. Available wings to be mated to the
Users also searched:
1955 bmw, bmw 3200 cs, bmw 502, bmw 503 for sale, bmw 504, bmw 504i, bmw 505, bmw 700, series, bmw, sale, for sale, seriess, bmw for sale, bmw series, bmw i, bmw cs, bmws, bmw seriess, bmw 5, bmw 503, 3200 cs, 504i, 5 series, 535i, bmw 5 series, bmw 504i, bmw 528i, bmw 505, bmw 5 seriess, bmw 502, bmw 535i, b503, bmw 550i, 550i, bmw 503 series, bmw 503 for sale, bmw 700,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →