ⓘ Newgulf, Texas
Newgulf is an unincorporated community in Wharton County, Texas, United States. Newgulf, founded as a company town for Texas Gulf Sulfur Company, once boasted a population of over 1.500, but today is little more than a ghost town. Some downtown buildings remain as well as a few company houses, the country club clubhouse, and the massive twin smokestacks and building shell from the sulphur mine, which provide a glimpse of the towns history. Newgulfs functioning elementary school is part of the Boling Independent School District.
- Texas portal Schools portal List of school districts in Texas List of high schools in Texas Newgulf Texas Texas School Directory 2012 PDF Texas
- the Boling Dome in Wharton County, Texas Besides building a plant in 1928, the company also built Newgulf Texas for its employees. By 1958, the company
- to Market Road 1096 goes southwest to end at FM 442. The community of Newgulf can be reached by traveling 1.5 miles 2.4 km southeast on FM 1301 and
- R. Texas Handbook Online: NEWGULF TX Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved August 22, 2013. Troesser, John. Texas Ghost Town: Newgulf Texas
- Grove Glen Flora Hahn Hillje Jones Creek Lane City Lissie Mackay Magnet Newgulf New Taiton Pierce Sand Ridge Spanish Camp Don - Tol Dorman Nedra Nottawa